Back to search results
Job no: 539448
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Eli Broad College Of Business
Accounting And Information Systems 10008009
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Clerical Technical- CT, Office/Clerical Support, Union, Full Time (90-100%)
- Assist Masters in Accounting (MSA) program director with administrative tasks including maintaining files, processing forms, maintaining database and entering overrides
- Under the direction of the MSA program director, assist with program events including on-site registration and set up, preparing attendee packages, ordering any supplies needed, ensuring delivery and correctness of food/beverage ordered, and summarizing attendee’s comments from event evaluations
- Assist designated department faculty with administrative tasks including conference registrations, travel arrangements, reimbursements, typing and editing, copying, mailings, events, and scheduling rooms
- Work in EBS Kuali Finance System processing vendor payments, reimbursements, requisitions and vendor creation
- Shared services support for travel with other units in the college
- Perform routine duties in an academic department office including email, phone or in person contact with faculty, students, staff and external constituents, mail processing and office equipment use
- Cross train with other support staff in office to serve as backup
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge normally acquired through a high school education; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in word processing, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, calendaring and/or presentation software; typing and filing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Possession of a valid vehicle operator's license.
Three to five years of experience in an academic department working with faculty, staff and students; strong organizational and customer service skills, ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions both independently and as a team member; strong composition and proofreading skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Enterprise Business Systems (EBS). Working knowledge of Student Information System (SIS), Registrar Office forms and Salesforce; event planning; understanding of university policies and procedures related to educational programs, student records, travel and financial transactions.
Required Application Materials
Cover letter and resume
Typical work hours will be Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Some evening hours will be required.
Bidding eligibility ends on 10/16/18 at 11:55 PM.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend