Director and Freedom of Info Act Officer
Back to search results
Job no: 498951
Work type: Executive Management
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Freedom Of Information Act Office 10070305
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Executive Management, Administrative/Business/Professional, Non-Union
The Director and Freedom of Information Act Officer will report to the Vice President for Legal Affairs and General Counsel or his/her designee. This position will supervise a staff of three employees and work with units throughout the University in order to oversee, coordinate, manage, and participate in the intake and processing of, as well as the responses to, all Michigan Freedom of Information Act requests received by the University. The Director and FOIA Officer will be advised, as needed, regarding legal issues associated with FOIA processing by an attorney from the Office of the General Counsel.
BA, BS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Doctorate -Juris Doctor
- At least three years' experience working with a college/university or state government entity.
- Demonstrated ability as a leader and manager with a respectful, collaborative administrative style, and a positive approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to high quality, professional work.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Sound decision-making skills.
- Experience working with sensitive and/or confidential records.
- Experience with compliance functions.
- Some legal background, such as paralegal experience, or work in a legal environment.
Required Application Materials
Applications should include a letter of interest, a resume or curriculum vitae, and references.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend