Specialist - Research-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 492941
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Education
Educational Administration 10014014
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Education/Training, Non-Union
The Department of Educational Administration at the College of Education at Michigan State University (MSU) is seeking an Assistant Director of Research and Data Analytics for the MSU Education Policy Innovation Collaborative (EPIC). This is a new policy lab dedicated to the analysis of longitudinal data for the scientific studies of K-12 students, teachers and schools. EPIC is part of a new partnership between the College of Education, the State of Michigan and the University of Michigan. The express mission of this partnership will be to provide policymakers and education stakeholders, especially in but not limited to the state of Michigan, with high-quality, timely, and relevant scholarship in support of education policy and programs. The assistant director will enter as a Specialist-Research on a fixed term 12-month appointment for one year, with the option of annual renewal after the initial appointment.
The Assistant Director for Research will coordinate and participate in the research and data analysis activities of EPIC, including:
- The development and execution of quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Coordinating the data acquisition and security with EPIC state, district and university partners
- Preparation of policy reports and oral briefings to state decision-makers and public readership
Doctorate -Policy, education, economics, or related field
- A PhD or EdD in education or public policy, economics, sociology or other field.
- Strong quantitative and data management skills—including experience with Stata or similar statistical software.
- Multiple years of experience leading research in a state department of education.
- Minimum qualifications as described.
- Evidence of securing external research support.
- Experience collaborating with academic faculty, research staff and doctoral students.
Required Application Materials
Interested candidates should submit:
- Cover letter- Include an explanation of your interest in the position as well as qualifications.
- Names of three references.
- At least one and preferably two writing sample(s)-(academic papers and/or policy briefs is preferred)
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please contact the center Faculty co-Directors, Prof. Joshua Cowen, firstname.lastname@example.org 517-355-2215 or Prof. Katharine Strunk, email@example.com 517-884-6289 at the MSU College of Education for questions.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now