Information Technology Professional
Back to search results
Job no: 492927
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Agriculture And Nat Resources
Anr Technology Services 10002873
55000.00 - 60000.00 Salary Commensurate
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, Information Technology, Union
CMS/CRM Backend Developer
Acts as a backend developer supporting web-based application platforms with troubleshooting, plugin development, and feature enhancements. Works with external software vendors to maintain and upgrade cloud-hosted applications for the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, MSU Extension, and AgBioResearch. Primary duties will include maintenance and development of CMS and CRM system and plugins, adherence to MSU's branding and accessibility standards, curation of development processes and documentation, and development or selection of newer tools and methods using emerging web technologies.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge normally acquired in the first two or three years of college, technical, or vocational or business school such as an Associates Degree in computer science, computer programming, application development, or a similar area, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in a top-tier, object-oriented programming language such as Java; experience with SQL including creating and maintaining relational databases; proficiency with the use of distributed version control systems; experience developing plugins or similar components for web-based application frameworks such as a CMS or CRM; experience connecting to JSON/XML APIs and integrating them into applications or websites; OR a Bachelors Degree in computer technology or information systems, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; up to six months of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performedor an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using Java or a similar object-oriented programming language is required.
- Experience with SQL and with creating and maintaining a relational database is required.
- Experience using Git or a similar distributed version control system is required.
- Experience developing plugins for a CMS, CRM, or similar web-based application framework is required.
- Experience connecting systems to JSON/XML APIs and integrating API data into applications is required.
- Experience working with vendors to troubleshoot hosted applications is highly desired.
- Familiarity with OSGI plugins is highly desired.
- The ability to create and maintain a versioned API is desired.
- Experience using Velocity or a similar syntax to create CMS components/templates is desired.
- Experience using PHP, MySQL, ExpressionEngine, any MVC framework, or dotCMS is a plus.
- Familiarity with web accessibility and usability standards is a plus.
- Comfortable working within a broad scope of work, independently setting priorities and goals.
- Good verbal and written communications, organization, and project management
Good verbal and written communications; comfortable working within a broad scope of work, independently setting priorities and goals; experience working with vendors to troubleshoot hosted applications; familiarity with OSGI plugins; the ability to create and maintain a versioned API; experience using Velocity or a similar syntax to create CMS components/templates; experience using PHP, MySQL, ExpressionEngine, CodeIgniter, or dotCMS a plus; familiarity with web accessibility and usability standards a plus.
Required Application Materials
Bidding eligibility ends on 3/13/18 at 11:55 PM.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend