Specialist - Outreach-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 489115
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Eli Broad College Of Business
Department Of Marketing 10008877
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Administrative/Business/Professional, Non-Union
Director - Corporate
This academic specialist will focus on enriching the student experience by creating a vibrant Broad Marketing student community, instituting a dynamic and influential presence therein, delivering guidance to Marketing student organizations, enhancing corporate connections to expand opportunities for Marketing students, and grow sources of funding to bolster educational resources available to the department.
Enhance and influence strategic corporate relationships in Marketing, expanding the number of firms that recruit from MSU annually for both career opportunities and internships, facilitating Marketing Leadership Advisory Board (MLAB) membership and associated financial contributions, enhancing the Customer Experience and Relationship Initiative (CERMI) partnership and funding, and growing financial gifts and resources for the Sales Leadership Program, while fostering other key relationships with industry.
MLAB: the Marketing Leadership Advisory Board is comprised of leading marketing executives who provide support and guidance towards fulfillment of the Marketing Department’s mission. Assist Marketing Department Chairperson and External Relations Committee Chair with oversight of this entity, e.g.,
- Maintain ongoing contact with board members, particularly as it relates to sourcing opportunities for students and expanding board participation in MKT initiatives
- Identify and secure new members that contribute strongly to our mission
- Coordinate MLAB events
- Regularly update relevant areas of MKT website
CERMI: The Customer Experience and Relationship Initiative will provide a partnership between thought leaders in academia with for- and non-profit organizations to create a customer experience and relationship marketing eco-system in Mid-Michigan. In concert with faculty director,
- Establish, maintain, and grow a board of partner firms/organizations supporting this initiative
- Coordinate annual thought leadership and best practice sharing events bridging academic and practitioner communities
- Develop program-related web page and promotional materials
Sales Leadership Program: The vision for this program is to be the most highly regarded global center for excellence in sales education and research. In concert with MKT faculty lead and the CAS program coordinator,
- Coordinate partner participation in program activities and events
- Facilitate student-partner engagement
- Establish new partner relationships with targeted firms
Serving as an expert in professional guidance and consulting, this specialist will enhance the student experience by connecting with Marketing students to establish and nurture a vibrant Marketing student community. This role also provides leadership support and direction for student organizations that include The Marketing Mix, Marketing Association, Pi Sigma Epsilon (PSE), and Global Sales Leadership Society (GSLS). This position will augment the ongoing student assistance performed by Academic Advising and Career Services, and strong coordination with both entities is expected.
- Marketing Student Community: Maximize engagement and involvement by students in related activities pre- and post-graduation.
- Marketing Student Organizations: Provide guidance to marketing student organizations, create more connections with speakers and corporations, and enhance the experiential learning provided at the Broad College.
- Internal Professional Resource Guidance: Provide targeted guidance on navigating and leveraging the resources provided by career services to ensure students understand all services available to grow their knowledge and how to access relevant resources most effectively and efficiently.
- Marketing Industry Guidance: Provide higher-level corporate specialized guidance in Marketing to ensure students are best-prepared and most competitive for top internships and Marketing positions
- Student - Corporation Connections and Relationship Building: Assist students in establishing key corporate connections and capitalizing on the best opportunities for career growth and development.
Bachelors -Marketing or business related field
Masters -Marketing or business related field
Bachelors Degree - Marketing or related business field.
Masters Degree - Marketing or business related field.
Ten years of experience in marketing or business related field to include leadership in areas such as corporate relations, professional mentoring and/or consulting, and influencing corporate financial investment for specific programs or Marketing related focus areas.
Required Application Materials
Resume and cover letter.
To be considered for this position, please submit materials through the MSU Jobs website: http://careers.msu.edu/cw/en-us/listing/. To be eligible for full consideration, all application materials should be received by February 27, 2018, but the position will remain open until filled. Contact Dr. Richard Spreng, email@example.com, for additional information
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend