Communications Manager I
Back to search results
Job no: 490073
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Advancement Mktg And Comm 10069781
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Union
Assistant Director of Online Engagement
The communication manager produces timely, relevant, and compelling online content and digital assets to support the strategic and operational goals of University Advancement (UA) and its marketing communications team. These digital assets are MSU brand-aligned, developed through careful coordination with other departments in UA, and are built to shine a spotlight on philanthropy at MSU. The communication manager is responsible for creating emails, managing web content, supporting SEO, shaping digital assets for a variety of online and social channels, and reporting on engagement efforts using web, email, and social analytics tools. As a member of UA’s content strategy team the assistant director will engage and build communities around UAs products and services on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Journalism, Telecommunications, or Public Relations; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in public and media relations, composing, editing and publication production, news, broadcasting, and print media, and/or marketing, advertising, and creative services; graphic design; word processing; desktop publishing; web design; presentation; spreadsheet and/or database software; public presentation; or radio production; or computer programming/technology; experience managing content for social media channels; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communications, public relations, or digital content design.
- 2-4 years of demonstrated success in managing digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience leveraging a content management system that hosts a wide variety of assets.
- Experience with web analytics tools and turning numbers into insights.
- Knowledge of the latest Adobe Creative Suite along with basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Experience generating content, proofing, and implementation of large email campaigns.
- Experience with implementing accessibility standards for people with disabilities.
- Live and breathe the web, and possess in-depth knowledge of the following user experience essentials: onsite search, navigation, calls to action, and engaging content
- Knowledge of web analytics tools to accurately assess campaign effectiveness and turning numbers into valuable insights.
- Knowledge and experience with SEO.
- Excellent project and time management skills, verbal and written communication skills, and business savvy
- Experience developing digital assets for wide variety of platforms.think strategically and understand Advancements goals and the appropriate fit for social media programs
- A track record for driving more engagement with content, demonstrating a solid knowledge on how to optimize content and use a variety of platforms that boosts traffic.
- Ability to work well independently and effectively as a team member.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- An eye for creating graphically pleasing content.
- Attention to detail but able to see the big picture.
Required Application Materials
Resume and cover letter
Work hours are 8 am to 5 pm with some nights and weekends.
(Bidding Eligibility ends 2/13/18 at 11:55 PM)
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend