Become a part of the small but powerful team at the International Business Center’s (IBC) Academy of International Business (AIB) division. The communications manager leads the strategizing, analysis, design, development, maintenance, and implementation of the Academy of International Business’ communication properties which include the http://aib.msu.edu website, all its social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, etc.), email communications, and various member publications. This position will join the existing AIB team composed of four full-time equivalent employees.
- Develop and coordinate AIB’s communication and messaging strategy with a diverse, international external constituency; including but not limited to current and potential members, donors, public policy makers, media representatives, affiliate organizations, sponsors, and vendors.
- Design, develop, and maintain all of AIB’s communication properties and collateral, including but not limited to newsletters, brochures, email campaigns, social media activities, discussion forums, and website presence.
- Develop new engagement and growth strategies for AIB’s various communication platforms.
- Assist the association’s chapters and special interest groups in addressing their communication and web presence needs.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Journalism, Communications, Advertising or Public Relations; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in public and media relations, composing, editing and publication production, news, broadcasting, and print media, and/or marketing, advertising, and creative services; graphic design; word processing; desktop publishing; web design; presentation; spreadsheet and/or database software; public presentation; or radio production; or computer programming/technology; experience managing content for social media channels; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires, or will require prior to the completion of the probationary period: knowledge of basic personal computer terminology and operations, and the ability to use e-mail and the Internet.
- Experience with Advanced Solutions International’s iMIS Association Management and RISE Content Management platform is a strong plus.
- Experience developing and implementing an annual communication plan.
- Extensive writing and editing experience with a variety of print and communication media.
- Superior verbal communication skills.
- An eye for design and experience with graphic design and digital photography.
- Significant experience creating and implementing social media and email campaign strategies.
- Experience using social media analytics to track performance towards goals.
- An entrepreneurial-spirit, with ability to create and implement new initiatives and ideas.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with a variety of constituent groups, including staff, board members, chapters, volunteers, committees, and other supporters.
- Strong organizational, project management, and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passionate about quality deliverables and an attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to take on additional responsibilities in this small staff organization.
- Prior non-profit or association management experience is beneficial.
- Prior experience communicating with a diverse international audience is beneficial.
- Prior International travel experience is beneficial.
Infrequent worldwide travel required (1-4 times/year).
NECESSARY TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS, including awareness of best practices.
- Proficiency in graphics design, photography, and video editing software (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Ability and willingness to discover, learn, and use new and emerging technologies, including Content Management Systems and various cloud based productivity tools.
Required Application Materials
References (3 minimum)
Description of End Date
This is an off-dated position funded until June 30, 2019 with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.
Bidding eligibility ends on 2/13/18 at 11:55 PM.