Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 488009
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Human Medicine
Pediatrics And Human Development 10022641
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Research/Scientific
Dr. Bin Chen's lab (http://binchenlab.org/) at MSU is seeking highly motivated research associates (postdoctoral scholars) to conduct translational bioinformatics research with a focus on individualized cancer therapy. The goal of Chen lab is to develop tools and methods to identify new or better therapeutics for cancers. The recent lab work was published in Gastroenterology and Nature Communications. The lab was also featured in STAT, GEN, GenomeWeb and KCBS. The candidates will have the opportunity to collaborate with outstanding bench scientists and clinicians. Opportunities will also include application of cutting edge technologies (e.g., deep learning) and emerging open big data (e.g., single cell, RNA-Seq, proteomics) into drug discovery. The candidates will also have the exciting opportunity to mine billions of electronic medical records.
This position is located in Grand Rapids.
Doctorate -Bioinformatics, Chemical Informatics, Bi
- Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Chemical Informatics, Biostatistics, Statistics, Computational Biology, Informatics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience with machine learning/statistical learning is required.
- Prior evidence of productivity, creativity, and passion for drug discovery is expected.
- Excellent communication skills in English are desirable.
- Proficiency in using R/Bioconductor and Python is preferred.
Required Application Materials
CV and cover letter
Please attach cover letter and CV to your application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the postion is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend