Office Assistant III
Back to search results
Job no: 489358
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Michigan State University Extension
Extension Children And Youth 10058941
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Office/Clerical Support, Union, Full Time (90-100%), Clerical Technical- CT, Financial/Accounting
CYI 4-H Support
Compiles, checks, processes and/or analyzes complex and/or specialized department information/data; independently renders decisions; interprets information; apprises customers/clients/constituents of appropriate actions in order to facilitate the functioning of the Department or Section.
- Receives, collects and processes complex and diverse information and independently renders decisions in order to contribute to information bases or request specific actions.
- Prepares and/or assists in developing and compiling analytical reports.
- Processes complex information in order to analyze options and to resolve problems.
- Interacts with University personnel, students, external agencies and the public, verifies information and makes judgments in order to ensure that records and resultant actions are correct.
- Prepares and processes requests in order to have materials ready when they are needed.
- Interprets terms and conditions of documents or agreements pertaining to expenditure of funds.
- Maintains and reconciles the bookkeeping records for multiple departments and/or programs in order to assist with budget planning, grant proposals and forecasting.
- Researches and collects data in order to assist in the preparation of grants, proposals and departmental reports.
- Drafts and types memos and proposals, reviewing and editing as necessary.
- Completes project work independently in order to facilitate the functioning of the department or section.
- Performs duties normally associated with an Office Assistant I, Office Assistant II, Accounting Clerk I and Accounting Clerk II in order to assist in accomplishing the goals of the office or unit.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
- High School education or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or desktop software.
- Presentation and webpage software.
- Typing and filing.
- Maintaining accounting ledgers.
- May require knowledge of technical or medical terminology and/or technical knowledge or training related to the field of employment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, event management technologies, and financial/bookkeeping software.
- Ability to lift and carry educational materials, equipment, etc. up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to travel in local and surrounding communities and occasional long distance travel are required as a regular part of this position.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the employee.
- Proven ability in establishing and working with a diverse network of constituents and community members across race, gender, socioeconomic class, disabilities and other differences.
- Understanding of and ability to implement Civil Rights principles and compliance standards.
- Has an understanding and commitment to equal access and opportunity and to diversity and inclusivity.
Required Application Materials
Applicants are asked to submit a current resume/CV, cover letter and four (4) professional references.
(Bidding Eligibility ends 02/13/2018 at 11:55 PM)
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend