Development Officer I
Back to search results
Job no: 488711
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Asc Vice Pres For University Development 10069230
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, Administrative/Business/Professional, Union
Assistant Director of Development
The College of Nursing Advancement team is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and results-oriented individual, who has a demonstrated understanding of and appreciation for nursing and health care, to join its dynamic fundraising team as the Assistant Director of Development gifts through a goal of 150 significant visits a year with alumni and friends.
The Assistant Director of Development is expected to be an accomplished, responsive and collaborative member of the College of Nursing Advancement Team who executes an aggressive schedule of donor activity to ensure a continuous pipeline of private support for the college.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development and Alumni Relations, and working closely with the other office staff, administration and the volunteers, the Assistant Director will develop and manage a portfolio of 150 special donor prospects, employing an aggressive, strategic moves management program, averaging 12 – 15 face-to-face strategic visits per month including a strategic focus on the identification and discovery of new prospects, and 2 to 4 solicitations per month. The position will dedicate a significant amount of time traveling, with emphasis initially focused on prospects in Michigan.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Business; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in public relations, volunteer administration, professional and higher education fund raising, marketing or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive experience in professional fundraising, public relations, marketing or related field; working knowledge of tax laws affecting charitable giving; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Collaborative team-oriented style.
- Experience with “Moves Management” or related strategic relationship development.
- Ability to “close” gifts or business deals with demonstrative experiences closing gifts of $50,000 or more.
- Working knowledge of tax laws affecting charitable giving.
- Travel involving automobile, airline and rail.
Required Application Materials
Work hours are 8 am to 5 pm with some nights and weekends
Bidding Eligibility Ends 02/06/2018 @ 11:55 PM
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend