Specialist - Advisor-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 486680
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Human Medicine
Human Medicine Dean 10022430
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Education/Training
This position will be based in East Lansing within the Office of Academic Achievement, with joint responsibilities in the Office of Medical Education Research and Development (OMERAD). This position will support student learning with 1:1 coaching of students, small group coaching, as well as training of tutors and staff. This position will also provide on-going support in designing and implementing training for students, peer-coaches and faculty in best practices in Medical Education; develops and teaches learning strategies that support students in planning, monitoring and regulating their learning; develops and implements programing and systems to support student preparedness for entering medical school.
This position will work closely with the Director of the Advanced Baccalaureate Learning Experience (ABLE) to implement the vision of that program and ensure student success both during and after completion of the ABLE program. Develop and implement programing and systems to support student academic preparedness for independent learning and critical thinking required in the medical school’s Shared Discovery Curriculum and will track graduates of the ABLE program as they enter the Shared Discovery Curriculum to provide early support services to facilitate student success. In addition, this position will work closely with OMERAD to conduct and disseminate medical education research; conducts faculty development on learning strategy development and observes and debriefs faculty about teaching practices.
Masters -Education or related field
- Masters Degree in Education or related field
- K-12 and college-level teaching experience and leadership are required
- Experience with medical students conducting diagnostic interviews and providing individual consultation about reading and learning strategies
- Experience interviewing and conducting focus groups with medical students
- Five or more years of teaching experience, along with experience in designing support programs for student learning and providing appropriate interventions
- Administrative leadership experience
- Qualitative research experience
- Strong communication and networking skills
Required Application Materials
Applicants will be required to submit CV and Cover Letter.
For more information, please contact Dr. Carol Parker at Carol.Parker@hc.msu.edu.
Review of applications will begin on 2/1/2018 and continue until filled.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now