Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 483771
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Agriculture And Nat Resources
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Research/Scientific
The MSU Soft Machines & Electronics Lab has one immediate research associate (postdoctoral) position in the areas of soft materials and soft robotics starting from January 2018.
Research work for this position is highly multi-disciplinary, and the specific topics include: design and modelling of soft (active) materials; 3D/4D printing of soft materials; development of next generation soft robots (machines) for applications in engineering and medicine. Bio-inspired soft robots by living organisms, such as plants and animals; Elastomer/Polymer-based medical devices and wearable rehabilitation; sensors and actuators; artificial muscles and skins. Candidates should demonstrate a good record of publication, experience of proposal development and an ability to guide postgraduates and undergraduates in research programs.
Doctorate -Mechanical Engineering, Solid Machanics,
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D degree in Mechanical Engineering, Solid Mechanics, Robotics, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- Required skills include mechanical design, modelling, manufacturing and rapid prototyping.
- Candidates with strong background in soft robotics, nonlinear mechanics of soft (active) materials, finite element analysis (FEA), deformable/wearable electronics, biomedical devices design, 3D/4D printing, or polymer physics are especially encouraged to apply.
- Experience in development of surgical robots and medical device design is highly desirable.
- Skills using ABAQUS and SolidWorks is a plus but not required.
Required Application Materials
Candidates should submit the following required documents on line to http://www.careers.msu.edu
- CV with details on education, employment and publications
- Cover letter briefly describing background and research plans
- Contact information of at least two references
- Copy of transcripts (optional)
Review of applications with begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend