Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 482460
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Natural Science
Physiology Natural Science 10032668
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Research/Scientific
The Doseff Lab (https://physiology.natsci.msu.edu/directory/faculty/andrea-doseff-ph-d/) in the departments of Physiology and Pharmacology and Toxicology at Michigan State University is seeking a research associate (post-doctoral researcher).
A PhD in the areas of Molecular Biology/ Immunology / Biochemistry /Cell Biology with strong background in immunology is required. The selected candidate will study the immune-regulatory mechanisms of plant flavonoids in macrophage-tumor cell interaction, their role in tumor progression and metastasis.
Specifically, the successful applicant will be expected to: (1) Design and conduct experiments independently; (2) Develop co-cultures with human and mouse using immune cells isolated from mouse and human tissues; (3) Identify gene and protein signaling networks responsible for the immune-regulatory mechanisms of flavonoids; (4) Clearly document results and publish peer-reviewed manuscripts. Experience in macrophages and immune system is required. Experience in mouse models of cancer and RNASeq is highly desirable.
Doctorate -Biomedical Sciences
The candidate must:
- Hold a Ph.D. Molecular Biology/ Immunology/ Biochemistry/ Cell Biology
- Have a strong immunology background.
- Experience in macrophages and immune system is required.
- Candidate's familiarity with nutrition/flavonoids is desirable but not essential.
- Candidate’s experience with RNASeq data is highly desirable.
- Experience in mouse models of cancer and RNASeq is highly desirable.
Required Application Materials
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Names, contact information and e-mail of three references
- Cover letter explaining your experience, career goals, and interest in the position
- Up to three relevant publications.
Please contact the Principal Investigator, Dr. Andrea Doseff (email@example.com), for more details.
For information regarding some of our research projects visit http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=doseff
Review of applications will begin on January 1, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Summary of Health Risks
Position will work with human tissues, animals, and bio-hazardous agents.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend