Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 482437
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Natural Science
Physiology Natural Science 10032668
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Research/Scientific
The Doseff Lab (https://physiology.natsci.msu.edu/directory/faculty/andrea-doseff-ph-d/) in the departments of Physiology and Pharmacology and Toxicology at Michigan State University is seeking a research associate (post-doctoral researcher) in the area of Nutritional Immunology.
A PhD in the areas of Molecular Biology/ Immunology / Biochemistry /Cell Biology / Nutrition and Food Sciences with strong background in immunology is required. The selected candidate will study the immune-regulatory mechanisms of plant flavonoids in obesity and determine the gene and protein networks that regulate the immune system.
Strong quantitative skills, and interest on understanding how dietary flavonoids modulate are highly encouraged to apply. Candidates with previous experience in nutritional genomics will be highly considered.
Specifically, the successful applicant will be expected to: (1) Design and conduct experiments independently; (2) Develop food formulations with flavonoids; (3) Identify gene and protein signaling networks responsible for the immune-regulatory mechanisms of flavonoids in adipose and immune tissues; (4) Clearly document results and publish peer-reviewed manuscripts. Experience in macrophages and immune system is required. Experience in mouse models of obesity is highly desirable.
Doctorate -Biomedical Sciences
The candidate must:
- Hold a Ph.D. Molecular Biology/ Immunology/ Biochemistry/ Cell Biology/ Nutrition/ Food Sciences.
- Have a strong immunology background.
- Experience in macrophages and immune system is required.
- Candidate's familiarity with immune cell function and nutrition/food technology.
- Candidate’s experience with flavonoids is desirable.
- Candidates with previous experience in nutritional genomics will be highly considered.
- Experience in mouse models of obesity is highly desirable.
Required Application Materials
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Names, contact information and e-mail of three references
- Cover letter explaining your experience, career goals, and interest in the position
- Up to three relevant publications
Please contact the Principal Investigator, Dr. Andrea Doseff (firstname.lastname@example.org), for more details.
For information regarding some of our research projects visit http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=doseff
Review of applications will begin on January 1, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Summary of Health Risks
Position may work with human blood/tissues, animals, and bio-hazardous materials.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend