Senior Physicist FRIB/NSCL-Continuing
Back to search results
Job no: 481955
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Facility For Rare Isotope Beams
Facility For Rare Isotope Beams 10049299
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Continuing System Academic Staff, Research/Scientific
- Design, prototype, develop, implement, and maintain FRIB physics application;
- Develop and/or improve high performance accelerator simulation codes;
- Contribute in development of new techniques, software and hardware to improve performance of the FRIB;
- Contribute in development of new techniques and hardware for future FRIB upgrades;
- Develop and/or improve physics application environment;
- Support and participate in the FRIB beam commissioning;
- Collaborate with EPICS community to keep FRIB physics application environment up to date.
Masters -Accelerator Physics
Doctorate -Accelerator Physics
- Advanced degree in physics with 0+ years experience
- Record of accomplishment in field of expertise
- A Ph.D. in Accelerator Physics and a minimum of two years of experience in accelerator physics and technology; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of accelerator beam physics, especially as applied to heavy-ion superconducting linear accelerators. Comprehensive knowledge and experience with beam dynamics and electrodynamics computer programs. Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with heavy-ion beam diagnostic equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of and experience with the use of accelerator control systems and their underlying concepts.
- Direct the requirements and responsibilities of multiple team members simultaneously and with exemplary quality while under pressure
- Manage and delegate multiple assignments and deliver quality analysis and work under time constrained deadlines
- Develop, implement and administer division/department policies and procedures
- Produce quality work independently and present and report on findings
- Enhance, interpret and analyze new systems and project information
- Deliver project and/or systems work scope within cost and schedule
- Manage and prioritize work of others
- Analyze, identify, pursue and implement new initiatives
- Demonstrate experience with the design, setup, execution and analysis of experiments with software development and deployment
- Good understanding of distributed control system software and hardware
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Required Application Materials
Cover letter and CV
Please submit cover letter and resume.
Reivew of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend