Specialist - Outreach-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 479570
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Social Science
Psychology Social Science 10038698
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Administrative/Business/Professional, Research/Scientific
Capacity Building Specialist
The System exChange Team at Michigan State University is looking for a Community Capacity-Building Specialist to join our team in the promotion of transformative community systems change. The Capacity Building Specialist will take on a leadership role in designing and implementing innovative capacity building interventions and supports including: developing and delivering in person and online training content that can engage diverse stakeholders and sectors in understanding and promoting community systems change; creating implementation support materials, tools, and processes; and coaching and technical assistance supports to a diversity of stakeholders. The System exChange team works with communities around the world who are addressing a range of social problems including poverty, health inequities, obesity, poor school performance/outcomes, housing instability, school readiness, and food instability, just to name a few.
The System exChange applies the ABLe Change Framework in its systems change effort. This framework is based on the premise that communities can achieve transformative, equitable results when they: make local system and community conditions the intentional targets of their change initiatives; pursue the effective implementation of system change efforts; and build a community engagement infrastructure that supports real-time learning and action across diverse stakeholders and sectors including the active inclusion of the most vulnerable populations within a community. For more information, visit ablechange.msu.edu.
- 40%: Design Systems Change Training and Interventions
35%: Support Systems Change Capacity-Building
- Collaborate with team in developing innovative in-person and online training materials, tools, and capacity-building supports to promote community systems change.
15%: Deliver Systems Change Training and Interventions
- Provide coaching and consultation for communities engaged in systems change efforts.
- Develop implementation supports, tools and processes.
- Develop and support online learning platforms.
10%: Conduct Research to Support Best Practices
- Deliver in-person and online training's and webinars.
- Review systems change best practices & interventions to inform training design and case studies.
- Contribute to publications and conference presentations related to community systems change efforts.
- Master’s Degree in related field; such as in public health, social work, community psychology, organizational change, instructional design, or related fields.
- At least five years of experience post-degree providing community systems change capacity building with experience designing capacity building efforts in at least two of the following areas: systems change; community change; collective impact organizational change; community engagement; participatory action research; equity; health promotion, intervention or prevention; social determinants of health; community-level interventions and policies.
- Experience designing and delivering training to community-based organizations and coalitions
- Strong facilitation and group process skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Experience creating or supporting e-learning platforms
- Successful experience working in collaboration with diverse groups of people to promote changes in communities and other systems
- Experience implementing place-based, systems change, or environmental approaches for addressing health disparities, community development, economic equity, or systems of care for children and families
Required Application Materials
Submit letter of interest, CV, writing sample, and 3 professional references
Location for this position is negotiable, though some travel to Michigan is required.
Review of applications will begin on December 19, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend