Information Technology Professional
Back to search results
Job no: 478677
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Information Technology Services
It Services Client Services 40000843
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, Information Technology
Jr. Analyst - Digital Classroom Services
Provide operational leadership for the Digital Classroom Services (DCS) function responsible for classroom technology support and A/V tech support. This may include working with university stakeholders to design, purchase, configure, and distribute IT assets to meet business objectives throughout campus; providing DCS user support on the as-needed basis as requests/issues/problems are reported; and/or support classroom lecture recording activities. In some locations DCS staff provide computer and laptop support (Desktop Support).
Digital Classroom Services is responsible for supporting telecommunication devices in the health colleges, including usage questions and physical device troubleshooting. DCS is also responsible for event A/V provisioning and support, including possible weekend work. Much DCS support requires commuting across campus, sometimes with significant IT assets. Some work may be completed outside of standard working hours with advanced notice.
- Complete basic job functions in a timely manner, including time entry and vacation scheduling.
- Support a team of IT support professionals including being available on-call to respond to issues or questions as they arise.
- Participate in internal IT technical training classes and certifications on an as-requested basis.
- Support services requests for DCS-managed spaces and requests pertaining to DCS functions.
- Provide complete asset management lifecycle services, including asset discovery, tagging, management, and decommission.
- Track and manage all assets issued by DCS.
- Work with vendors when applicable, for A/V, tool integration, and new technology implementation.
- Provide consulting support for faculty and staff regarding technological alternatives for delivery of academic programs.
- Assist faculty in development of courses delivered via videoconferencing or Zoom.
- Support telecommunication systems in the Human Health Colleges.
- Provide technical support and assistance for Desktop/Laptop computer equipment.
- Provide high-level training, computer and applications specific as needed by customers.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge normally acquired in the first two or three years of college, technical, vocational or business school such as an Associates Degree in computer technology or information systems, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed; experience providing computer support (desktop and laptop); OR a Bachelors Degree in computer technology or information systems, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; up to six months of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed; experience providing computer support (desktop and laptop); or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid driver's license required.
- Experience with asset management
- Experience with Crestron, RoomView, ands RoomView Fusion
- Experience providing A/V support for classrooms, conferences, and/or other large events
- Exceptional customer service values and skills including the ability to successfully resolve conflict constructively and to maintain positive relationships with executive sponsors for customer groups.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Curiosity in new and emerging technologies with a desire to implement for the betterment of campus and stakeholder experiences.
- Comp TI A+
Required Application Materials
(Bidding Eligibility ends 12/05/2017 at 11:55 PM)
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend