Back to search results
Job no: 475053
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Facility For Rare Isotope Beams
Nat'l Superconducting Cyclotron Lab 10049216
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Continuing System Academic Staff, Research/Scientific
Detector Systems Physicist
- Work within the framework of the NSCL detector lab
Fabricate, optimize, and maintain detector systems for Operations and Nuclear Physics experiments
Support the development and R&D of new detector systems
- Perform research and development projects to enhance the performance of the facility
Masters -Physics or Chemistry
- Master’s Degree in physics or chemistry in the area of nuclear, particle, or high energy experimental physics.
Five years of experience with construction and development of particle and radiation detectors such as ion chambers, gas proportional counters, position tracking detectors, scintillators, silicon, and HPGe detectors.
Record of accomplishment in field of expertise
- Ph.D in in physics or chemistry
Self-motivated and able to work well within a team.
Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Operational experience with larger detector setups in experimental devices, including detector maintenance and data acquisition, is desired.
Required Application Materials
Cover letter and resume.
Please attach cover letter and resume. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the postilion is filled.
Summary of Physical Demands
Lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, climbing
Summary of Health Risks
Exposure to radiation/magnetic fields
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend